Delaware tops Old Dominion in double overtime
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Herb Courtney scored 27 points, including a pair of 3-pointers in the first overtime, as Delaware took an 81-74 double-overtime victory over Old Dominion in a Colonial Athletic Association game Saturday night.
Delaware used an 8-1 run to take a 77-71 lead in the second overtime. Old Dominion got back to within 77-74 on a Brandon Johnson three-pointer with 1:03 remaining, but the Hens sank 2-of-6 foul shots in the final 34 seconds to seal the win.
Jim Ledsome’s dunk off an offensive rebound just before the final buzzer capped the win. In the first overtime, the Monarchs jumped out to a 65-62 lead, but Courtney hit back-to-back three-pointers, the second with 37 seconds remaining to the score at 68-68.
Alphonso Dawson added 12 points for Delaware, which also received 11 from Brian Johnson and Marc Egerson, whose 3-pointer with 4.4 seconds left in regulation forced the first overtime. Old Dominion received a team-high 20 points from Brandon Johnson.
- There has to be something missing in the Todd O’Brien story
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69