Blackwood helps Cent. Connecticut to 80-75 OT victory over St. Francis, NY
NEW YORK (AP)—Tristan Blackwood scored 24 points, including eight in overtime, to help Central Connecticut State defeat St. Francis, N.Y., 80-75 on Saturday.
Joe Seymore added 20 points for the Blue Devils (5-10, 1-3 Northeast), who were 14-of-23 (60.9 percent) from the field in the second half. Ken Horton finished with 15 points.
Robert Hines had a game-high 27 points for the Terriers (3-12, 0-4), who have lost nine straight. Jamaal Womack finished with 18, but was just 3-of-10 from beyond the arc.
Womack’s 3-pointer with 42 seconds to play sent the game into overtime tied at 71.
Blackwood put Central Connecticut ahead for good, 75-73, with a 3-pointer with 56 seconds left in overtime. It was the only field goal the Blue Devils hit in OT, but they made six of seven free throws to close it out.
- Blackwood helps Cent. Connecticut to 80-75 OT victory over St. Francis, NY
- Johnson, Paige help No. 9 Tar Heels roll past Panthers 85-64
- Bond helps Temple top South Florida 77-65
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66