Lipscomb beats Camels 86-79 in OT
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (AP)—Eddie Ard scored 35 points, including 7 in overtime to lead Lipscomb to an 86-79 overtime victory against Campbell on Thursday night.
Ard had tied the game in regulation with a 3-pointer as time expired. He continued his run in the extra session with two foul shots that put Lipscomb ahead. Campbell tied things up one last time at 74-all on Jonathan Rodriguez’s two foul shots moments later. But then LaKory Daniels hit a 3-pointer, one of 12 Lipscomb made in the game, to put his team ahead for good. Ard followed with his sixth and final 3-pointer and Lipscomb (7-8) won its Atlantic Sun Conference opener.
Lipscomb had trailed by 13 points, 64-51, on Jake Wohlfeil’s 3-pointer with 7:49 remaining. Lipscomb then took off on an 18-5 run over the next six minutes to tie it at 69-all on Ard’s two foul shots with 1:42 to go. A foul shot by Preston Dodson and a layup by Oladapo Fagbenle put Campbell ahead 72-69 with 15 seconds left, setting up Ard’s game-tying shot.
Ard also had 10 rebounds and two blocks. Brandon Brown had 18 points and Daniels 17 on five 3-pointers.
Rodriguez led the Camels (4-8, 0-1) with 26 points and seven rebounds. Jake Wohlfeil added 14 points.
- Auburn-Florida Preview
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- With Williams sick, No. 9 North Carolina beats BC 68-65
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Gill's 16, 'D' lead No. 7 Virginia past Virginia Tech, 67-49
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal
- No. 12 Florida beats Auburn 63-47, loses Yeguete
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne