Moore comes off bench to lead SE Missouri past E. Kentucky 66-55
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP)—Kenard Moore scored 17 points off the bench Wednesday to lead Southeast Missouri to a 66-55 win over Eastern Kentucky.
Calvin Williams added 10 points and Brandon Foust had 12 rebounds for the Redhawks (10-5, 5-0 Ohio Valley), who remained in first place in the conference.
Justin Stommes scored a career-high 19 points and Mike Rose added 14 for Eastern Kentucky (6-7, 3-2).
Southeast Missouri, which led 31-25 at halftime, pulled away midway through the second half on the strength of its bench, which outscored the Colonels’ bench 41-9 overall.
Eastern Kentucky’s Josh Taylor tied the game at 38-38 with a 3-pointer nine minutes into the second half, but Southeast Missouri responded with a 15-2 run to take its biggest lead, 56-43, with just under six minutes remaining.
- Radford stays in control, beats The Citadel 74-61
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina