Prowell leads Auburn to 76-58 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
AUBURN, Ala. (AP)—Quan Prowell had 20 points to help lead Auburn to a 76-58 victory against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Wednesday night.
Rasheem Barrett added 14 points and led the Tigers with eight rebounds. Frank Tolbert added 15 points and six rebounds.
Quantez Robertson had a game-high seven assists and added eight points.
Chris Daniels led the Islanders with 13 points. Justin Reynolds had a game-high 10 rebounds with six points.
Kevin Perkins had 11 points and three assists for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3-9) pulled within two in the second half. But a 19-3 Auburn run stopped any momentum the Islanders had.
The Islanders also continued to give the ball away, finishing the game with 26 turnovers that led to 28 Auburn points.
Auburn (9-2) was short-handed once again with Boubacar Sylla and Korvotney Barber out with injuries.
Barber leads Auburn in rebounds and is third in scoring behind Prowell and Barrett. Barber is scheduled for surgery on Friday and is set to be out at least two months.
- Eric Bledsoe's grades will go unchanged
- Iowa State suspends Jameel McKay for violating team rules
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Ellis double-double for No. 7 Kansas in 75-56 win at TCU
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M