Reed leads ETSU to 72-69 win over Appalachian St.
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Andrew Reed’s 24 points and 12 rebounds led ETSU to a 72-69 win over Appalachian St. on Sunday.
ETSU (6-7) grabbed the lead at 14:55 in the first half and never trailed after that, leading by as much as 21 points in the middle of the second. That was before a 14-point run with four minutes to go brought Appalachian St. (5-6) within two points of tying the score.
But several fouls in the final seconds gave ETSU six free throws that kept it in the lead.
ASU shot only 23 percent in the first half, improving in the second to shoot 39 percent for the game. ETSU shot 48 percent.
Also scoring double digits for ETSU were Mike Smith with 15 points, Courtney Pigram with 12 points and Kenyona Swader with 10.
Donald Sims led Appalachian State with 13 points. Doug McLaughlin-Williams added another 12.
- Coach K wins No. 880, leaving him 22 behind Knight
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69