Lipscomb 72, Marshall 62
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP)—Eddie Ard scored a game-high 21 points and Lipscomb never trailed in the second half of a 72-62 victory over Marshall on Saturday.
With Marshall trailing by three with under two minutes to play, LaKory Daniels hit a three-pointer with the shot clock running out to put his team up by six. Daniels ended the Marshall threat with a fast-break layup and foul shot to put the Bisons up 70-61.
Daniels finished with 15 points and four assists for Lipscomb (6-8). Adnan Hodzic had a career-high 12 points and Brandon Brown had 10.
Michael Lusk had seven assists for Lipscomb, and his team shot 50 percent from the field.
Marshall (6-4) struggled from the field in the second half for its first home loss of the season, only shooting 7-of-26 for 27 percent.
After scoring 12 points on 100 percent shooting in the first half, Mark Dorris did not make a basket from the floor and finished with 15 points to lead Marshall. Markel Humphrey added 13 points and Tirrell Baines had 12 points and 10 rebounds for his first double-double.
- Crowder leads No. 16 Marquette past Jacksonville
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime
- Freeman, Prince lead No. 21 Baylor past K-State, 82-72
- Walton, Michigan hang on to beat Minnesota 82-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'