Western Carolina beats Presbyterian 60-57
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Brandon Giles scored 17 points to help Western Carolina recover from a halftime deficit and beat Presbyterian College 60-57 on Thursday night.
Blake Gallagher added 12 points and 12 rebounds for the Catamounts (4-7).
Pierre Miller led Presbyterian (1-15) with a career-high 16 points.
Josh Johnson, who had 10 points, scored with 20 seconds remaining to bring Presbyterian within one. But Western Carolina’s Jake Robinson hit two free throws with 11 seconds left, and Presbyterian’s Pat Kiscaden missed a final shot at the buzzer.
The Blue Hose led 27-24 at halftime after going 6-of-15 from behind the 3-point line. The Catamounts started the second half on a 7-2 run.
Both teams finished the game shooting 39 percent from the field.
- E. Washington confident it can upset Georgetown in tourney
- UNC spokesman: Williams expected back at next practice
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics
- Selection Sunday is just 5 weeks away
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Watson's 32 leads Creighton to 70-56 upset of No. 5 Xavier
- Georgetown avoids another upset, beats E. Washington 84-74
- No. 7 Virginia back track with a little luck, lots of 'D'
- USC AD Pat Haden suffers episode of light-headedness
- No. 6 Kansas beats No. 10 West Virginia, 75-65
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63