Salter leads TCU to 79-68 win over Jackson St.
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Henry Salter scored 16 points and Alvardo Parker added 15 Thursday night as TCU defeated Jackson State 79-68 for the Horned Frogs’ fourth straight victory.
Kevin Langford and Mike Scott each scored 11 and John Ortiz came off the bench to score 10 for TCU (8-3).
Darrion Griffin scored 17 points, including 14 in the second half, for the Tigers (2-11). Grant Maxey added 16.
TCU led throughout much of the game. Jackson State tied the game at 22-22 with 7:48 left in the first half and took a 2-point lead on a layup by Maxey. Parker hit back-to-back layups to give the Horned Frogs a 28-25 lead. After Jeremy Caldwell tied the game again on a layup with 4:52 left, TCU used an 11-0 run to end the half and take a 39-28 lead.
TCU pulled away steadily in the second half, leading by as many as 21 points with 4:55 left.
- Houston rally beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 78-67
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- Big 2nd half from Niang leads Iowa St. over Okla. St. 64-59
- Macura's 20 points lead No. 6 Xavier over Marquette 90-82
- Murray leads No. 20 Kentucky to 80-61 win over Florida
- Forbes leads No. 10 Spartans to 89-73 rout of Michigan