Hooper has 25 points, ULM beats Texas-Tyler 95-51
MONROE, La. (AP)—Tony Hooper had 25 points and Louisiana-Monroe hit nearly two-thirds of its 3-point shots to beat Texas-Tyler 95-51 on Saturday.
The Warhawks (6-6) made 17 of 27 3-point shots, including five of nine from Hooper, who was 9-of-13 from the field.
Texas-Tyler (3-6) kept the game close through the first five minutes, but Monroe quickly put the game out of reach with a 16-2 run keyed by Hooper. The score was 49-25 at halftime.
The Patriots hit only 32 percent of their shots—the second team in a row held under 35 percent by the Warhawks. Texas-Tyler finished with more turnovers (22) than field goals (20).
ULM had a season-high 25 assists on 35 field goals. Hooper and Kenneth Averette each had six assists.
Jonas brown had 22 points and Jordan Payne 15. All 11 Warhawks who played in the game scored.
- Andrews scores 35, Washington beats No. 25 UCLA 96-93 in 2OT
- Villanova No. 1 in AP college hoops poll for first time
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- White-hot Warney leads Stony Brook past Hartford 85-72
- Chattanooga gets 72-66 OT win over Mercer in SoCon showdown