Florida Atlantic beats North Florida 70-64
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Carlos Monroe had a game-high 25 points as Florida Atlantic beat North Florida 70-64 on Tuesday.
Florida Atlantic (3-7) led at halftime 34-28 and expanded its lead to as much as 14 in the second half. But North Florida (1-8) came back with at 19-5 run and tied the game at 58 with less than six minutes left.
North Florida had a chance to take the lead, but FAU’s Sean Alarcon stole a pass and was able to hit a layup and Florida Atlantic took a 60-58 lead.
Monroe led all scorers and grabbed 10 rebounds. Alarcon scored 11 points, and Carderro Nwoji scored 17.
Tom Hammonds led North Florida with 23 points. James Grimball and Justin Cecil each added another 10.
- Mississippi State forward caught in Real World love triangle
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78