TCU hands Texas-Arlington its first loss with 77-74 OT win
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Henry Salter scored 17 points, including four free throws in overtime, and grabbed 14 rebounds Monday night as TCU beat Texas-Arlington 77-74 for the Mavs’ first loss of the season.
Brent Hackett scored the go-ahead basket 49 seconds into overtime and the Horned Frogs (6-3) held off Texas-Arlington to seal the victory in a game that was viewed as a measuring stick for the Mavs’ early season success.
Rog’er Guignard’s 3-pointer with 22 seconds left in the second period tied the game at 64 for the Mavs (8-1) and forced overtime.
Kevin Langford scored 17 points and Brent Hackett added 15 for TCU.
Anthony Vereen came off the bench to lead the Mavs with 20 points. Jermaine Griffin added 12 points and a game-high 15 rebounds. Brandon Long scored 13, while Larry Posey had 12.
- Garrity, Eberhard lift Sacramento State 73-62
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold