Johnson scores 16 as Illinois St. holds off Bowling Green, 69-58
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP)—Dom Johnson scored 16 points and Osiris Eldridge had 11 points and 11 rebounds to lead Illinois State to a 69-58 win over Bowling Green on Sunday.
The Redbirds (7-3) opened up an early 16-6 lead and lead by 16 just before the half. But Bowling Green (4-5) dominated early in the second half and tied it up at 39 with 12:17 left.
The Falcons kept it close until Emmanuel Holloway and Levi Dyer hit back-to-back 3-pointers at around the five minute mark for Illinois State to give the Redbirds an eight-point lead, and Bowling Green didn’t threaten again.
Dyer scored 11 and Brandon Sampay added 10 for Illinois State.
Bowling Green’s Darryl Clements scored 18 points while Chris Knight had 14.
- Harvard beats Boston College (again), 74-67
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold