Pettiford scores 16 points as IUPUI defeats Western Illinois 64-47
MACOMB, Ill. (AP)—Forward Billy Pettiford scored a game-high 16 points and George Hill added 15 as IUPUI defeated Western Illinois 64-47 on Saturday night.
Austin Montgomery added 13 points and Jon Avery came off the bench to score 10 for the Jaguars (6-2, 1-0 Summit).
IUPUI went into halftime with a 31-26 lead.
The Leathernecks (3-6, 0-1 Summit) had just two players in double digits. Forward Jerryck Owens-Murrey scored 14 points, and James Washington chipped in 13.
Western Illinois shot poorly from the field, making just 25 percent (6-of-24) in the second half. That compared with IUPUI’s 50 percent (9-of-18) after halftime.
- The 10 best NCAA basketball games of the decade
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Sherrod sets record; Yale beats Columbia 86-72
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug