Hudson has 20 points, game winner to beat Stetson 52-51
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP)—Jimmy Hudson had a game high 20 points, including a baseline jumper with 28.4 seconds remaining, to give Bethune-Cookman a 52-51 win over Stetson on Monday night.
Hudson’s final basket gave Bethune-Cookman a 3 point lead, 52-49. Stetson’s Eric Diaz closed the margin to 1 on a layup with 7.8 seconds left, but neither team could score again.
Bethune-Cookman (3-4) scored 12 straight points during a six-minute stretch in the second half, giving the Rattlers a 42-32 lead with 9:05 remaining. Hudson had 6 points during the run.
Stetson (2-7), paced by A.J. Smith’s 14 points, began closing the gap. A pair of quick 3-pointers by Mark Lohuis narrowed it to 2 points, 49-47, with 4:32 left.
Stetson (2-7) never led in the second half. The most the Hatters led by was 4 early in the game when the score was 7-3. The lead changed hands 11 times before halftime, when Bethune-cookman took a 26-25 lead.
A.J. Smith led Stetson with 14 points.
- Florida 69, Vanderbilt 61
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne