Graham leads Eagles to victory over Appalachian State
STATESBORO, Ga. (AP)—Louis Graham had 21 points and 9 rebounds to lead Georgia Southern to an 85-72 victory over Appalachian State on Saturday, the sixth victory in a row for the once-beaten Eagles.
Southern (6-1, 2-0 Southern Conference) built a 42-31 halftime lead, using a 22-5 run over a 7:38 stretch to erase a 14-13 deficit. The rally was sparked by two 3-pointers by Anthony Marshall, who finished with 11 points.
Donte Minter led the Mountaineers (3-5, 0-2) with 19 points and Donald Sims came off the bench and added 12. Appalachian had won four in a row over the Eagles.
Three other Eagles scored in double figures with Dwayne Foreman getting 16, Matt Fields 11 and Willie Powers 10.
Southern’s 6-game winning streak has come since losing the season opener at Florida State 92-67.
- Former star Jacob Pullen sounds off on Bruce Weber’s hiring at Kansas State
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win