Winkelman, Woodside lead N. Dakota St. past Mayville St. 95-73
FARGO, N.D. (AP)—Forward Brett Winkelman had 30 points, 13 rebounds and six assists Thursday as North Dakota State overwhelmed Mayville State 95-73.
Winkelman was 8-for-12 with 21 points in the first half to help the Bison (4-3) take a 47-32 lead at halftime. The Bison closed the first half on a 30-17 run after MSU got within 17-15 on Marques Benjamin’s layup with 13:46 to play. Benjamin finished with 17 points, seven assists and eight steals for the Comets (4-7).
The Bison stretched their lead to 25 points with 9:02 left in the game.
Guard Ben Woodside had 26 points, five rebounds and six assists for NDSU, which shot 58 percent and outrebounded the Comets 45-29.
NDSU’s Mike Nelson added 14 points.
Tremel Gilot and Benjamin were the only Comets in double figures. Gilot led Mayville, which shot 44 percent, with 18 points.
- Winkelman, Woodside lead N. Dakota St. past Mayville St. 95-73
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold