Temple 90, Ohio 88
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Chris Clark hit a 3-point shot with 1.9 seconds remaining to give Temple a 90-88 victory over Ohio University on Thursday in the first meeting ever between the two teams.
Dionte Christmas had 29 points while Mark Tindale had 26 points and 10 rebounds for Temple (3-4), playing its first home game of the season.
Leon Williams had a career-high 31 points and Jerome Tillman added 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Bobcats (2-2).
In a game that saw 21 lead changes—including 11 in the last four minutes— the Owls moved ahead 87-85 on a 3-pointer by Ryan Brooks with 22 seconds left to play.
Ohio U’s Bubba Walther was fouled attempting a trey with 7.6 to go and converted all three free throws, giving the Bobcats an 88-87 advantage.
After a time out, Temple advanced the ball to Clark in the left corner, and the 5’8” point guard, the smallest player on the court, hit his game-winner.
- Penn State beats UMBC 58-42
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue