Boise State hangs on at Southern Utah with 75-73 win in OT
CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP)—Tyler Tiedeman made two free throws with 10.2 seconds left in overtime and Boise State hung on for a 75-73 win over Southern Utah when a 3-pointer at the buzzer missed.
David Marek’s 3-point attempt at the buzzer would have won it for the Thunderbirds (1-4), but it went halfway down before bouncing out.
Tiedeman scored 17 points to lead the Broncos (3-2), who had all five starters finish in double figures. Reggie Larry and Anthony Thomas scored 14 points each, while Matt Bauscher had 11 points and Matt Nelson added 10.
Geoff Payne led Southern Utah with 28 points and 10 rebounds. Tate Sorensen scored 10 points and had 10 rebounds for the Thunderbirds, who turned the ball over 24 times.
Thomas gave the Broncos a 66-64 lead on a jumper a minute to go in regulation before the Thunderbirds’ Nick Livi tied it from the right baseline with 20 seconds left.
Tiedeman’s free throws gave the Broncos a 75-71 lead, then Marek made a layup to get the Thunderbirds back within two. Livi fouled Bauscher, who missed both his free throws and Marek had a chance to win it but his shot was just off.
- Teddy Dupay does not look well
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78