Ryan Toolson scores 17 to lead Utah Valley St. to a 72-51 win
OREM, Utah (AP)—Ryan Toolson had 17 points and nine assists to lead Utah Valley State to a 72-51 win over Troy on Tuesday night.
The Wolverines (2-2) used an 11-0 run during a four-minute stretch of the second half to take a 53-30 lead with 13:34 left in the game and easily won their home opener.
Toolson scored 11 of his points in the second half and finished one assist shy of a double-double. Jordan Brady added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Wolverines.
O’Darien Basset led the Trojans (1-2) with 15 points and eight rebounds. Troy shot just 32 percent from the field.
Troy started the game on a 12-0 run, but the Wolverines answered with a 24-3 run to take control and led 35-23 at halftime.
- Kentucky has fired John Calipari
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne