Geriot scores 23 as Richmond beats Rice 61-55
HOUSTON (AP)—Dan Geriot scored a game-high 23 points for Richmond, which defeated Rice 61-55 on Tuesday night.
Geriot went 9 of 15 from the field, including 3 of 5 from the 3-point line. Kevin Anderson added 16 points for the Spiders (3-3).
Rice (0-3) was led by Cory Pflieger, who scored 14 points and grabbed five rebounds. Paulius Packevicius added 12 points, and Jasen Williams added 11.
Rice outrebounded Richmond 32-26, but the Owls ran into trouble at the foul line. Rice shot just less than 53 percent from the free-throw line for the game, including just 6 of 12 in the first half.
The Spiders led 32-28 at halftime.
- Addressing three key questions about the Tom Izzo speculation
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold