Geriot scores 23 as Richmond beats Rice 61-55
HOUSTON (AP)—Dan Geriot scored a game-high 23 points for Richmond, which defeated Rice 61-55 on Tuesday night.
Geriot went 9 of 15 from the field, including 3 of 5 from the 3-point line. Kevin Anderson added 16 points for the Spiders (3-3).
Rice (0-3) was led by Cory Pflieger, who scored 14 points and grabbed five rebounds. Paulius Packevicius added 12 points, and Jasen Williams added 11.
Rice outrebounded Richmond 32-26, but the Owls ran into trouble at the foul line. Rice shot just less than 53 percent from the free-throw line for the game, including just 6 of 12 in the first half.
The Spiders led 32-28 at halftime.
- Former Duke basketball captain dies in apparent suicide
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Road woes aplenty as Big 12 teams navigate conference grind
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina