Fisher scores 14 in Kent State’s 80-62 win over Longwood
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Al Fisher came off the bench to score 14 points and Mike Scott added 12 points and seven rebounds as Kent State beat Longwood 80-62 on Tuesday night.
Kent State (3-1) opened the game with a 16-6 run and led by double figures the rest of the way. Chris Singletary added 10 points and four steals for the Golden Flashes.
Kirk Williams scored 23 points, Brandon Giles had 12 points and Lamar Barrett 10 for Longwood (2-3).
The Lancers shot 37 percent and played their starters for much of the game, while Kent State took advantage of a comfortable lead to give its reserves playing time. Ten players scored for the Golden Flashes.
- Jackson Simmons is willing to pay to play at North Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78