Thompson scores 20 points to lead Rider past FDU
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP)—Jason Thompson had 20 points, nine rebounds and seven blocked shots as Rider beat Fairleigh Dickinson 85-70 on Monday night.
Mike Ringgold had a career-high 17 points for the Broncs (2-1), while Ryan Thompson added 15 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Manny Ubilla had a game-high 28 points for FDU (1-3), while Sean Baptiste added 17 points and a game-high 11 rebounds.
The teams traded baskets for most of the first half, and Rider led 36-31 at the break. The Broncs then took command midway through the second half, when they went on a 16-1 run, featuring 11 consecutive points by Ryan Thompson.
- Christian Laettner's mom cried when he chose Duke over UNC
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team