UNC Greensboro wins in first round of Price Cutter Classic
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Kyle Hines scored 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead North Carolina-Greensboro to a 70-56 win over Texas-Pan American Friday night in the opening round of the Price Cutter Classic.
It was the 32nd career double-double for the senior forward.
Greensboro (2-0) broke away from a 26-26 halftime score and took a 37-30 lead with 15 minutes to go.
Texas-Pan American (2-1) went 6:25 without a field goal late in the second half before Dexter Shankle scored to get Greensboro within 52-43 with 5:45 left.
Greensboro closed with an 18-13 run as UTPA shot 25 percent from the field in the second half.
Mikko Koivisto scored 15 for Greensboro. Paul Stoll led Texas Pan-American with 16 points and Shankle finished with 12. ^
- Why's Memphis in trouble? Because Rose didn't write back
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69