Hawthorne hits 5 3s in Drexel’s 77-58 win over Fla. Gulf Coast
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP)—Tramayne Hawthorne scored 22 points—including five 3-pointers—as Drexel defeated Florida Gulf Coast 77-58 on Wednesday night.
Hawthorne, a 6-foot guard, ignited the Dragons (3-0) in the second half during an 18-0 run. With the game tied 47-47 with 14:24 to play, Hawthorne hit back-to-back 3-pointers. He followed that with a steal and layup to give Drexel a 55-47 lead with 13:05 remaining.
Drexel shot 68.2 percent from the floor in the second half.
Gerald Colds scored 12 points and Scott Rogers added 11 points for Drexel.
Florida Gulf Coast, down 41-34 at halftime, attempted a comeback with a 10-2 run at the start of the second half. Landon Adler led the Eagles (1-1) with 14 points and nine rebounds. Casey Wohlleb scored 12 points and Barrowes added 10 points.
- Coach K doesn't understand the haters
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56