Daniels scores 26 in Rhode Island’s 75-61 win over Brown
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)— Will Daniels scored 26 points as Rhode Island defeated Brown 75-61 on Wednesday night.
The Rams (2-0) scored 35 points off 22 turnovers by the Bears (1-2).
Daniels connected on 10 of 15 shots as URI beat Brown for the sixth game in a row and for the 12th time in the teams’ last 13 games. Keith Cothran added 17 points for URI while Lamonte Ulmer scored 12.
Scott Friske led Brown with 13 points, and Mark MacDonald added 11.
Brown’s Mark McAndrew and Scott Friske combined to make three 3-point shots as the Bears built a 14-3 lead four minutes into the game.
Then the Rams switched from a zone to a man-to-man defense and Brown committed five turnovers that fueled a 26-7 run by URI. Daniels scored six of his points during the streak as Rhode Island built a 29-21 lead.
Rhode Island also held Brown to only three baskets over the last 6:37.
The Rams increased their lead to as many as 20 points, at 75-55, with 2:13 left in the game.
Rhode Island shot 53.7 percent (29-54) from the floor, connecting on only three of 12 shots from 3-point range.
- Lakers forward Luke Walton joins Memphis staff during lockout
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78