Division II Cent. Missouri upsets Cent. Michigan in CBE Classic
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP)—Tremaine Luellen scored 16 points, Carvelle Taylor had 15 and Division II Central Missouri upset Central Michigan 75-70 Tuesday in the consolation game of the CBE Classic’s Columbia Regional.
Central Missouri, which led for most of the game, was up by eight points with 4:03 to go before three 3-pointers by Giordan Watson brought Central Michigan to within three points.
The Chippewas, who trailed 70-67 with 27 seconds left, had a chance to tie the score after Luellen missed the second of two free throws, but Watson dribbled the ball off his foot and out of bounds.
Neither team shot above 35 percent in the first half and Central Missouri led 27-23 at the break.
Watson shot 4-for-6 from 3-point range and led Central Michigan with 20 points, Chase Simon had 15 points and seven rebounds, and Chris Kellerman added 12 points.
Skip Thomas had 13 points for Central Missouri and Nathan Frazier added 10 for the Mules.
- It's a shame we've seen the last of Derrick Roland at Texas A&M
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89