Florida A&M 74, N. Carolina A&T 66
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Leslie Robinson scored a game-high 25 points to lead Florida A&M past North Carolina A&T 74-66 on Friday in the semifinals of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
Robinson connected on seven 3-pointers and Darius Glover added 14 points for the No. 2 seed Rattlers (20-13), who will take on top-seeded Delaware State in the tournament final Saturday. Brian Greene earned a double-double, scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 rebounds.
Florida A&M led 34-29 at the break and widened the gap to as many as 12 points with 9:39 remaining. The Rattlers shot 45.5 percent for the game, which had four ties and four lead changes, while North Carolina A&T (15-17) finished shooting 44.7 percent.
Steven Rush led the Aggies with 22 points, going 7-for-7 from the free throw line and hitting five 3-pointers. Jason Wills added 14 points and Greg Roberts finished with 12 points.
- Florida A&M 74, N. Carolina A&T 66
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups