Delaware State 68, Coppin State 49
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP)—Jahsha Bluntt scored 16 of his 19 points in the second half as top-seed Delaware State defeated Coppin State 68-49 in the quarterfinals of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament Wednesday.
The Hornets (20-11) will face the winner of Thursday’s Morgan State-South Carolina game in a semifinal Friday.
The win marks the first time in Delaware State history that the Hornets have posted back-to-back 20-win seasons.
Delaware State led 38-24 at the break.
Roy Bright scored 15 points for Delaware State, Aaron Fleetwood had 12 and Darren had 11 points and seven assists.
The No. 8 seed Eagles (12-20) were led by Tywain McKee, who scored 14 points.
- Delaware State 68, Coppin State 49
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?