Toledo 77, Cent. Michigan 57
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Keonta Howell had 19 points and seven rebounds and three other Toledo players scored in the double digits as the Rockets beat Central Michigan 77-57 and clinched the Mid-American Conference regular-season title.
Ridley Johnson added 13 points, Justin Ingram had 12 and Jonathan Amos scored 11 for Toledo (18-11, 14-2), which won its first outright MAC regular-season title in 27 years.
The Rockets took a 44-25 advantage at halftime and led by as much as 23 points in the second half.
Giordan Watson led Central Michigan (12-17, 7-9) with 16 points and Jordan Bitzer added 10. Justin Blevins had six rebounds.
The Chippewas shot 42 percent (19-of-45), while Toledo shot 43 percent (26-of-61). The Rockets outrebounded the Chippewas 38-29 and scored 21 points off 23 Central Michigan turnovers.
- Toledo 77, Cent. Michigan 57
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four