Texas A&M Corpus Christi 69, Stephen F. Austin 65
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Kevin Menifee led three Islanders in double figures and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi held off Stephen F. Austin for a 69-65 win on Wednesday night.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (22-6, 13-2 Southland) led 27-21 at halftime and started the second half with an 8-4 run to lead 41-27 with 13:30 to go.
Stephen F. Austin (15-12, 8-7) closed the gap to one point with a 14-1 run, but the Islanders answered with seven straight points and never looked back.
Menifee scored 14 points, including 4-of-6 field goals and 6-of-6 free throws. Taurean Mitchell added 13 for the Islanders and Chris Daniels added 10. Menifee also led the Islanders with eight rebounds.
Josh Alexander scored a game-high 29 points, including 24 points in the second half, to lead the Lumberjacks. Antuane Miller came off the bench to add 10 points. Alexander also led with nine rebounds.
The Islanders recorded 51 percent field goal shooting to 42 percent for the Lumberjacks. The Islanders also outrebounded the Lumberjacks, 32-30.
- Akron grabs 70-61 road win over Toledo
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78