Florida A&M 73, Coppin St. 59
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP)—Lamar Twitty came off the bench to score 16 points in Florida A&M’s 73-59 win over Coppin State on Wednesday night.
Florida A&M (17-13, 11-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) trailed by five points midway through the second half, but rattled off a 19-2 run to take control of the game.
Twitty scored nine of his 16 points during the run to spark Florida A&M. Brian Greene scored 12 points and pulled down 12 rebounds for Florida A&M. The Rattlers also got 12 points and eight rebounds from Darius Glover. Greene added five assists.
Florida A&M out-rebounded Coppin State and held the Eagles to just 31-percent shooting from the field. Florida A&M had 13 first-half turnovers, but still led 27-23 at halftime.
Tywain McKee scored a game-high 22 points to lead Coppin State (10-19, 8-9), but made just six of his 16 shots and turned the ball over six times.
Coppin State made just 10 of its 33 3-point attempts, and only shot 14 free throws. Florida A&M attempted 36.
- Florida A&M 73, Coppin St. 59
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game