Pepperdine 89, Santa Clara 82 OT
MALIBU, Calif. (AP)—Chase Griffin scored a career-best 34 points, including eight in overtime, to lift Pepperdine to an 89-82 victory over Santa Clara Monday.
Griffin, who scored three 3-pointers, shot 11 of 16 from the field for Pepperdine (8-22, 4-10 West Coast). Kingsley Costain had 12 points, all on 3-pointers, and Shane Griffin added 10 for the Waves.
John Bryant had a career-best 26 points and 13 rebounds for Santa Clara (20-9, 10-4). Scott Dougherty scored 16 points, all in the second half, while Sean Denison and Danny Pariseau added 15 points apiece for the Broncos.
The Waves trailed, 75-72, when Willie Galick’s three-pointer with nine seconds remaining in regulation tied the game. The Broncos followed with two failed shots as time expired and the game went into overtime.
- Kadji's 30 lead Miami past UNC Greensboro 99-89
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home