N. Arizona 92, Montana St. 84, OT
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Tyrone Bazy scored 11 of his 21 points in the final 2:11 of overtime as Northern Arizona pulled away to a 92-84 victory over Montana State Sunday afternoon.
Carson Durr hit a 3-pointer with 2:29 left in regulation to pull Montana State (11-17, 8-7 Big Sky) to 72-68 and another 3 with 27 seconds left to give the Bobcats a 74-72 lead.
Kyle Landry made a basket with 16 seconds left to send the game into overtime tied at 74.
Landry made the first basket of overtime and then made two free throws with 3:20 remaining to give Northern Arizona (16-11, 10-5) an 81-78 lead. He finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
Bazy started his scoring streak with a jumper with 2:11 remaining and his three-point play with 46 seconds left gave NAU an 87-83 lead.
The Lumberjacks made all 12 of their free throws in overtime, including seven by Bazy, while Montana State made just 4 of 8.
Stephen Sir added 18 points for NAU before fouling out with 2:36 left in overtime.
Mecklen Davis led the Bobcats with 21 points, followed by Nick Dissly with 16 and Ted Morris with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
Ruben Boykin Jr. finished with 17 points and 10 rebounds. He scored 11 points in the first half as NAU led 39-33.
The Lumberjacks led by as much as 55-47 with 11:26 left in regulation before MSU went on an 8-0 run to tie the score at 55. The teams battled back and forth the rest of the way.
- N. Arizona 92, Montana St. 84, OT
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot