Cent. Michigan 71, N. Illinois 64
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Giordan Watson scored 20 points to lead Central Michigan past Northern Illinois 71-64 on Sunday.
Sefton Barrett hit five free throws in the final minute to seal the win for the Chippewas (12-15, 7-7 Mid-American). Barrett finished with 12 points and six rebounds.
Jordan Bitzer shot 4-for-5 from the field, including 3-for-4 from 3-point range, to add 11 points for Central Michigan.
The Chippewas outshot the Huskies 52.4 percent (11-for-21) to 34.6 percent (9-for-26) in the first half to take a 32-22 halftime lead.
Mike McKinney shot 9-for-14 from the field, scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds for Northern Illinois (6-21, 3-11). The Huskies also got 14 points from Cody Yelder.
- Ohio State overcomes Asheville, 7-7 big man to move on in NIT
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?