E. Kentucky 65, Tennessee St. 53
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Mike Rose scored 18 points as Eastern Kentucky beat Tennessee State 65-53 on Sunday night to close the regular season.
Michael Brock pulled down 10 rebounds for the Colonels (18-11, 13-7 Ohio Valley), Jamaal Douglas had 14 points and Darnell Dialls added 12 points.
Eastern Kentucky, which led the whole game, shot 51 percent from the floor compared to a mere 33 percent shooting from Tennessee State (12-19, 8-12).
Jerrell Houston led Tennessee State with 16 points, Andrae Belton had 12 points and Larry Turner finished with seven rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky earned the second seed for the OVC tournament and will face seven seed Morehead State on Tuesday. Tennessee State dropped to eighth in the conference and will face top-seeded Austin Peay.
- E. Kentucky 65, Tennessee St. 53
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four