E. Kentucky 65, Tennessee St. 53
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Mike Rose scored 18 points as Eastern Kentucky beat Tennessee State 65-53 on Sunday night to close the regular season.
Michael Brock pulled down 10 rebounds for the Colonels (18-11, 13-7 Ohio Valley), Jamaal Douglas had 14 points and Darnell Dialls added 12 points.
Eastern Kentucky, which led the whole game, shot 51 percent from the floor compared to a mere 33 percent shooting from Tennessee State (12-19, 8-12).
Jerrell Houston led Tennessee State with 16 points, Andrae Belton had 12 points and Larry Turner finished with seven rebounds.
Eastern Kentucky earned the second seed for the OVC tournament and will face seven seed Morehead State on Tuesday. Tennessee State dropped to eighth in the conference and will face top-seeded Austin Peay.
- Why does Bob Huggins wear a sweatsuit?
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner