Central Arkansas 70 Nicholls 66
THIBODAUX, La. (AP)—Freshman Marcus Pillow had 17 points, all but two from 3-point goals, as Central Arkansas beat Nicholls State 70-66 on Saturday.
The Bears (9-20, 3-12 Southland), one of the worst perimeter shooting teams in the conference, hit 11 3-pointers, including 5 of 10 from Pillow.
Durrell Nevels finished with 18 points, Nate Bowie 14 and Frederick Campbell 10.
The Colonels (7-21, 6-8), who had won four of their past five games, were only 8 of 32 (25 percent) from 3-point range after making a season-high 14 in their last game.
Seven 3-pointers helped the Bears take a 38-30 halftime lead.
Sophomore Ryan Bathie hit a 3-point shot for Nicholls with 1:12 left to bring the Colonels within three points. Pillow hit two free throws with 29 seconds left for a 68-63 lead, and Fred Campbell hit another pair.
Justin Payne hit a 3-point shot for Nicholls for the final score.
Adonis Gray led the Colonels with 19 points. Stefan Blaszczynski added 18 and Bathie 14.
- Central Arkansas 70 Nicholls 66
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?