Xavier 75, Dayton 67
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Drew Lavender had 27 points and led the way as Xavier shot 51 percent from the field to beat Dayton 75-67 on Saturday night.
Lavender, a 5-foot-7 transfer from Oklahoma, made 7-of-10 shots from the field including 5-of-7 3-pointers and also hit all eight of his free throws. Justin Doellman added 11 points and Stanley Burrell had 10 for the Musketeers (21-7, 11-3 Atlantic 10).
Charles Little scored 28 points and had 10 rebounds for Dayton (16-11, 6-8). Brian Roberts chipped in with 14 and Andres Sandoval 10.
The Flyers fell to 14-2 at home, and are 1-0 on neutral courts and 1-9 on the road.
The Musketeers hit 11-of-24 3-pointers to Dayton’s 3 of 9. They hit 8 of 12 in the opening half while building a 36-29 lead, and led by as many as 12 in the second half.
- Xavier 75, Dayton 67
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game