Coppin St. 50, Howard 46
BALTIMORE (AP)—Tywain McKee’s 19 points and Coppin State’s stifling defense helped the Eagles to a 50-46 win over Howard on Saturday.
Antwan Harrison added nine points, and the Eagles (9-18, 7-8 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) got 16 points from their bench.
Darek Mitchell led the Bison (9-18, 5-10 MEAC) with 14 points, and Kandi Mukole scored 10.
The Bison shot just 31 percent, compiling the lowest shooting percentage and point total by a Coppin State opponent this season.
The Eagles used an 8-1 run midway through the second half to take control of a tight game, building a 40-30 lead with 9:03 remaining.
But Howard rallied with a 13-5 run to get within two in the final minute. Darryl Roberts hit a jumper with 29 seconds remaining and the shot clock winding town to give Coppin State a 47-43 advantage, and McKee sealed the win when he hit a pair of free throws with eight seconds left.
- Southern Illinois 61, Holy Cross 51
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60