Cornell 79, Brown 67
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Ryan Wittman and Louis Dale scored 22 points each to lead Cornell to a 79-67 win over Brown in Ivy League action Saturday.
Mark McAdnrew scored career-high 33 points in the Bears’ failed attempt to extend a three-game winning streak.
Cornell improved to 8-4 in league play and 15-11 overall. Brown dropped to 5-7 (10-17) with the defeat.
The Bears trailed from the outset, falling behind by as many as ten points midway through the opening half. The Big Red answered a late Brown surge by closing out the first half with a 7-0 run in the final minute of play.
Wittman had four three-point field goals and seven rebounds while Dale connected on 5 of 9 three-point attempts for the Big Red, who finished with 10 of 13 from beyond the arc in the second half.
- Three different NBA draft decisions from Wake Forest's big three
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June
- No. 25 South Carolina looks for win at No. 8 Texas A&M
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak
- Monmouth (NJ) cruises to 91-67 win over Fairfield
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team