Yale 68, Cornell 55
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Casey Hughes and Eric Flato scored 18 points apiece to lead Yale to a 68-55 Ivy League win against Cornell Friday night.
The Bulldogs (13-11, 9-2 Ivy) led by just six points with three minutes remaining before Flato made two consecutive 3-pointers to double the lead at 62-50. The win avenged a 60-59 loss to Cornell Feb. 10 in Ithaca, N.Y. In that game Hughes missed two free throws with 2.2 seconds left.
Louis Dale had 17 points while Andrew Naeve added 14 points and 10 rebounds for Cornell (14-11, 7-4).
With the win, Yale remains a half-game behind first-place Penn, which won at Harvard Friday. The Bulldogs will play at Penn next Friday.
- Yale 68, Cornell 55
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action