Tennessee St. 62, Morehead St. 46
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Ladarious Weaver had 26 points off the bench to lead Tennessee State to a 62-46 win over Morehead State on Thursday night.
Tennessee State (12-17, 8-11 Ohio Valley Conference) took a 33-22 first-half lead by shooting 47.8 percent from the field, including 7-of-15 3-point attempts.
Morehead State (11-17, 7-12) struggled from the arc, shooting 3-of-16 and 32 percent from the field for the half. The Eagles were playing without senior Shaun Williams, who was suspended for the rest of the season on a violation of team rules.
Weaver was 6-of-11 from 3-point range. Clarence Matthews added 12 points.
Cordaryl Ballard led the Eagles with 14 points and Quentin Pryor had 12 points and a game-high eight rebounds. The Eagles controlled the boards 37-30.
- Tennessee St. 62, Morehead St. 46
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Ill-advised shots, empty possessions fuel Arizona's stunning late collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0