Albany 66, Stony Brook 46
STONY BROOK (AP)—Jamar Wilson’s 19 points led Albany to a 66-46 win over Stony Brook on Thursday night.
Jason Siggers added 15 points for the Great Danes (19-9, 12-3 America East), who had a 37-17 lead at the half.
Mitchell Buford, who had a game-high 20 points, was the only double-figure scorer for the Seawolves (9-18, 4-11).
Wilson had five points as Albany jumped out to an early 13-4 lead.
After Buford’s jumper got Stony Brook within 27-15, Brian Lillis had six points as Albany closed out the first half on a 10-2 run.
Albany took control at 44-19 on two free throws by Brian Connolly early in the second half.
- John Wall has made his decision: Kentucky
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69