North Florida 73, Lipscomb 64
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Four players scored in double figures, including two double-doubles, as North Florida defeated Lipscomb 73-64 Thursday night.
James Grimball scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds and Arnold Henry had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Ospreys (3-25, 1-16 Atlantic Sun Conference). Chris Timberlake had a team-high 16 points for North Florida and Germaine Sparkes added 13 points.
North Florida led by as many as 11 points in the first half before Lipscomb (17-11, 11-6) cut that lead to 32-27 at the half. The Bison got to within three points of the Ospreys several times in the second half, but could not get any closer.
Germaine Sparkes hit a 3-pointer with 2:54 remaining in the game to give North Florida a seven-point lead and the Ospreys hit 10 free throws in the final 1:45, including nine consecutive shots, to seal the win. Brian Fisk had a game-high 21 points for the Bison, which shot just 34.8 percent from the floor, including 9-of-26 3-pointers.
- Butler wins another one for West Virginia
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- Williams-Goss leads No. 8 Gonzaga over Washington 98-71
- No. 15 West Virginia stomps Western Carolina 90-37