ETSU 84, Stetson 49
JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP)—Brad Nuckles scored 19 points and had 11 rebounds to lead East Tennessee State past cold-shooting Stetson 84-49 Thursday night and clinch the Atlantic Sun Conference regular-season title.
East Tennessee (21-8, 15-2) bolted to a 27-7 lead with 7:20 left in the first half and it was never close thereafter.
Stetson (11-18, 6-11 A-Sun) hit just 26.4 percent from the floor while the Bucs hit 55.2 percent.
Nuckles was 6-of-7 from the floor and 3-of-3 from 3-point range in 30 minutes of play. Reserve Mike Smith added 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting and Courtney Pigram scored 12.
Stetson had just one player in double figures, Garfield Blair with 11. He also had a team-high seven rebounds.
East Tennessee gets the No. 1 seed in the conference tourney next week, which they are hosting.
- Three famous alums from all 68 NCAA tournament teams
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Former Baylor AD and basketball coach Menefee dies at 95
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74