Mississippi 67, Georgia 49
OXFORD, Miss. (AP)—Clarence Sanders scored 21 points and Mississippi maintained its first-place tie atop the Southeastern Conference Western Division with a 67-49 win over Georgia Wednesday night.
Dwayne Curtis scored 14 points, Bam Doyne had 12 and Jermey Parnell added 11 points and 10 rebounds, respectively for the Rebels (18-9, 7-6 SEC). Ole Miss shares the division lead with in-state rival Mississippi State after the Bulldogs beat No. 17 Vanderbilt. Ole Miss has won five of the last six games and improved to 14-1 at home.
The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for Georgia (16-10, 7-6 SEC). Takais Brown and Sundiata Gaines led the Bulldogs with 14 and 11 points, respectively.
The Rebels limited Georgia to a season-low 49 points as the Bulldogs made only 32.8 percent of their shots. Georgia made only one of their first 14 shots to start the second half.
The Rebels, who led 37-32 at halftime, built their biggest lead, 63-42, with 4:29 left on a pair of free throws by Curtis.
Georgia led briefly, 28-27, with 4:06 left in the first half, using a 13-5 run that included a pair of baskets by Brown. The Rebels closed the half with a 12-4 surge.
Ole Miss shot 47 percent, including hitting 6 of 9 3-point attempts. The Rebels were 11-of-13 from the free-throw line and forced 15 turnovers.
- Mississippi 67, Georgia 49
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin