Vermont 67, Albany, N.Y. 63
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Mike Trimboli scored 24 points and Vermont rallied in the final seven minutes for a 67-63 America East Conference victory over Albany on Sunday.
Vermont (19-6, 11-1 AE), first place in the conference, trailed 50-45 with 6:47 remaining, but then scored 12 unanswered points. Marqus Blakely put his team ahead with a slam dunk following a steal. Trimboli hit a 10-footer and Chris Holm finished the run with a turnaround on the right baseline and a pair of free throws.
The Catamounts led 28-26 at halftime in a contest that saw 11 ties and 10 lead changes.
Jamar Wilson led Albany (18-8, 11-3) with 21 points, including the 2,000th of his career. Jason Siggers had 17 points and Brian Connelly scored 12 points off the bench.
Martin Klimes chipped in 13 points and six rebounds for Vermont.
- NC State’s Scott Wood explains how losing to your rival feels
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics