Winthrop 77, Radford 58
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP)—Torrell Martin had 20 points, including four 3-pointers, to lead Winthrop to a 77-58 win against Radford in Big South Conference action Saturday.
Michael Jenkins had 19 points and Craig Bradshaw added 14 for the Eagles (21-4, 11-0 Big South), who needed the 21-point lead it took into the half as its shooting fell flat in the second period.
Radford (7-19, 2-9) was led by Chris Oliver with 18 points. Martell McDuffy and Amir Johnson each added 12 points.
Winthrop outrebounded Radford 40-26 and the Eagles racked up 19 assists.
- The story behind 10 of college basketball's memorable names
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69