Vermont 66, UMBC 57
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Martin Klimes and Colin McIntosh combined to go 11-for-16 from the floor and 26 points to lead Vermont to a 66-57 victory over UMBC on Thursday.
The win was the sixth straight for the Catamounts (18-6, 10-1 America East).
A bucket by Drew Housman gave UMBC (9-16, 5-7 America East) a 25-24 lead right after halftime, but the Catamounts answered with a 11-0 run and led for the rest of the contest.
McIntosh led UVM with 14 off the bench as he was 6-for-9, while Klimes went for 12 for his third consecutive contest. The Catamounts benefited from going 18-for-19 from the line in the second half.
- Utah State superfan 'Wild Bill' has become college hoops celebrity
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics